Re: [HTCondor-users] setgroup feature for startd

Hi Jaime,

sorry for short delay :(

I did not think we would need this when I started migrating to HTCS in the first place but it turned out it is important  to some people.

I think the most common case is that people are in both groups - say atlas & cms but on the worker only one of the group can be the primary one which will be used as group ownership when it comes to writing files.

Hence if user a writes file in a CMS directory tree but his primary groupid is atlas on the EP the files will show up as owned by group atlas despite being in the CMS dir tree.

File reading is more elegant and does not give any problems as the primary group ownership does not play any role there.

At DESY we have a variable called 'myproject' that can be set at submit time by the user or is set via a job transform on the sched the 'myproject' equals to valid netgroups and in the wrapper the bash script checks if 'myproject' equals to the primary group of that ID - if not a 'sg' command is performed.

Does that make any sense ?

Best
christoph

--