Re: [HTCondor-users] Building HTCondor on ARM systems

On Thu, 2022-10-06 at 14:15:18 +0100, HTCondor Users Mailinglist wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As an sysadmin member of the GW4 here in the UK, I have ready access to a
> decent sized ARM tier-2 based here in Exeter at the Met Office.
> https://gw4-isambard.github.io/docs/index.html
>
> Since ARM isn't explicitly supported, I would like to try my hand at
> compiling HTCondor for the different ARM server architectures I have access
> to. Is there an up-to-date instruction set on building the packages from
> source in either the docs or the CHTC wiki?

Hi Matt,

I've been building HTCondor, both stable and devel, for arm64 Debian
(Buster and Bullseye) for quite a while, starting with a RasPi 3B,
moving on to a Cavium ThunderX system.

Since the builds are inofficial, I'll get in touch with you via PN
tomorrow or next week, if you're interested.
(I know you are. On the other hand, I'm curious about GW4.)

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)