Re: [Condor-users] How to run a job in all machines of a Condor Poll, but only once?

> Hi Steven,
>
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:17:39 +0100, Steven Platt <Steven.Platt@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> wrote:
> > Angel,
> >
> > I tend to do this with a PERL script. Parse condor_status, find the
> > central manager and construct submit files for each machine (except for
> > the manager)
>
> yes, I was going exactly the same route, but I was hoping there would be
> something more flexible (or at least more flexible without having to code
> it myself :-)).

I've given this some thought in the past...  I'd like to point out that using
condor_status to derive the list of execute nodes has one potential flaw:  if
you're really trying to hit *every* execute node, then nodes that are
temporarily not reporting in at the time (say, due to a crash) will not get a
job scheduled to run on them.

Just my $0.02 worth...

-Nick

--
           <<< Follow the white rabbit. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project