Re: [Condor-users] about condor_submit in condor-g

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:54:36 -0600 (CST)
From: Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] about condor_submit in condor-g
Is your schedd running as root? What are the permissions on the proxy
file? You can find the proxy file in the condor spool directory, in a
directory named clusterXX.procXX.subproc, with the XX's replaced with the
job id.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Carson Hung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, thanks alot for your reply.
>
> I have setup the things according. However, I have met another problem.
> The remote machine seems to transfer also its proxy credential file to
> local machine spool. However, it seems that local machine does not have
> the access right to open that file and the prompt some security error.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion about this issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Carson
>
> > On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Carson Hung wrote:
> >
> >> I succeeded in queuing up the jobs in a local machine with
> >> condor_schedd.
> >>
> >> However, May I ask a question on how to submit a job from a remote
> >> machine to local machine?
> >>
> >> I have checked the condor_submit command. It has an option called -r
> >> which takes in remote schedd name. However, How can I set the schedd
> >> name in local machine? and how can remote machine knows this schedd
> >> name?
> >
> > First, for remote submission to work, you need to have a collector
> > running. The collector is where the Condor daemons advertise themeselves
> > so that they can be found by others.
> >
> > Assuming everything is set up correctly, you should be able to run
> > 'condor_status -schedd' from the remote machine and see your schedd
> > listed in the output. The string under the Name heading (which may be
> > truncated) is what you use with condor_submit -r. By default, schedds
> > running as root or condor are named after their hostname. Schedds
> > running as a user are named <username>@<hostname>. You can set a
> > schedd's name with SCHEDD_NAME in the config file. This is handy if you
> > want to run multiple schedds on the same machine.
> >
> > Be aware that condor_submit -r doesn't transfer any of the job's files
> > from the remote to the local machine. If you want to do that, you need
> > to use condor_submit -s. However, condor_submit -s has problems with
> > schedds running as root, which we're currently working to fix.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |