Re: [HTCondor-devel] new name for MaxJobRetirementTime

Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 14:13:52 -0500 (CDT)
From: Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] new name for MaxJobRetirementTime
I therefore propose that we call the job ad attribute "request_duration", since that's the only thing it can do.

ToddT points out that request_* has special semantics not only in the heads of our users, but in the startd code, and that 'duration' doesn't (quite) match these semantics. However, he does agree that a job's minimum duration should be an (optional) first-class attribute, and automatically included in the job's requirement expression. I therefore amend this proposal to be 'minimum_duration' for the job and 'ADVERTISED_MINIMUM_DURATION' for the startd, instead.

- ToddM