Re: [HTCondor-devel] Contributing to HTCondor (GCE_GAHP)

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 19:27:54 +0000
From: Doug Strain <dstrain@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Contributing to HTCondor (GCE_GAHP)
Perfect. Thanks! It is good to be working with Condor folks again. For some reason, Brian's response must have only been to htcondor-devel (which I have since joined). Contrary to his assertion, I am not a witch, I am a cyborg. I mean, never mind, what I meant was that I am a perfectly normal Google-human.

Look for some movement in a week or two. It looks like the CLA is approved, so I will send that out. I still need to get the open source patch approved by our Open Source team. In the meantime, two questions:

1) It is likely I need I will need a new condor submit attribute (similar to gce_image or the other gce_* attributes). Do you want a design document for that scale of enhancement?
2) I have some documentation fixes in the manual as well for the gce grid type. I don't see the manual in the source. How do I submit those?

Thanks!

Doug Strain

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:11 PM Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2016, at 10:44 PM, Doug Strain <dstrain@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> My name is Doug Strain. I used to work with the Open Science Grid under Alain Roy and with the GlideinWMS team. I now work with Google and am interested in getting Condor to work (better) with GCE.
>
> I was wondering if I could either get access to the HTCondor revision control system as well as someone to help me shepherd code changes into Condor (make sure I am not missing anything and conforming to standards, etc).
>
> My commits would be mostly confined to the gce_gahp directory in order to improve condor/GCE connectivity.
>
> Please let me know if you need any more information or would like any clarification. I would be happy to provide it.
>
> Doug Strain

Hi, Doug.
I can help you with contributing improvements to HTCondorâs GCE support.
As Brian said, signing the Contributor License Agreement and grabbing a clone of the git repo is the place to start.
Iâll make an account for you on our GitTrac ticketing system. Thatâs where we track all development on the code.

I wrote most of the GCE code in HTCondor, so you can blame me for any errors or oddities.
You can email me directly with any questions you have.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project