Re: [HTCondor-devel] can anyone think of a use for this knob?

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:32:31 -0500
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] can anyone think of a use for this knob?
I think perhaps the only reason this knob exists is because (at least
at one point) the per submitter limit is/was only enforced on pie spin
boundaries.

If I were to fix the per user enforcement properly, do either of you
have a problem if NEGOTIATOR_MAX_TIME_PER_PIESPIN went away?

Happily, per user enforcement was fixed in v7.9.5
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=3504

So I really think this knob is pretty useless now. But I will try to keep it around to keep Igor happy :).

Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences