Re: [HTCondor-devel] can anyone think of a use for this knob?

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:02:12 -0700
From: Igor Sfiligoi <sfiligoi@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] can anyone think of a use for this knob?
Hi Todd.

We use in glideinWMS... with the defaults being
NEGOTIATOR_MAX_TIME_PER_SUBMITTER=60
NEGOTIATOR_MAX_TIME_PER_PIESPIN=20

The idea is/was to limit the damage a single overloaded schedd can do,
without excessively penalizing a submitter.

Ideally, I would like to keep this knob around for a while, to simplify upgrades...
but if it is really a major thorn in the code, I guess we could live without it.

Cheers,
  Igor