[HTCondor-devel] can anyone think of a use for this knob?

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 15:56:01 -0500
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] can anyone think of a use for this knob?

I would like to get rid of the HTCondor knob
  NEGOTIATOR_MAX_TIME_PER_PIESPIN

I think perhaps the only reason this knob exists is because (at least at one point) the per submitter limit is/was only enforced on pie spin boundaries.

If I were to fix the per user enforcement properly, do either of you have a problem if NEGOTIATOR_MAX_TIME_PER_PIESPIN went away?

We would then be left with per user limit and a total negotiation cycle (across all spins) limit. If I have time, I'd like to add a per schedd limit.

Any issues/concerns with the above?

thanks
Todd