Re: [HTCondor-devel] idle thoughts: json as classads

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:38:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Will Benton <willb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] idle thoughts: json as classads
We've kicked this around as a PitS idea in the past; Erik's point about interoperability with other languages and environments was one motivation.  Another potential advantage of encoding ClassAds in pure JSON is that embeddable JS runtimes are very good these days, which has implications both for parsing/lexing/evaluation and (even more PitS) processing.