Re: [HTCondor-devel] idle thoughts: json as classads

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:25:47 -0500
From: Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] idle thoughts: json as classads
- You'd also need to map null to something in classads.
- ClassAds would still be a superset of JSON.
- There would be natural guidance for a binary encoding of ClassAds.
- You could probably update the ClassAds language to have multiple representations - classical new ClassAds, JSON ClassAds, binary ClassAds, and XML ClassAds.  As all would use a different first character, you could have a single parser/lexer for all representations.

What's the benefit though - versus just having different converters written in C++?

Brian