[Condor-devel] use of $SPOOL in the shadow

I was recently investigating how the shadow uses $SPOOL, and the single
use I identified was locating spooled executables for supporting
standard universe checkpointing.

As a sanity check, I thought I'd crowdsource: are there any other ways
the shadow uses $SPOOL that I'm missing?

Context:  in a configuration with multiple schedds running on a single
machine, each with their own custom $(SPOOL).XXX directory, the shadow
is hard coded to look in $(SPOOL), which can break when trying to find
$(SPOOL)/spool_version.