Re: [Condor-devel] What to do with .gitignore?

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 05:57:01PM -0500, Brian Bockelman wrote:
> Hi git experts,
>
> What do you folks do with .gitignore?  The fact that the default one doesn't filter out build artifacts drives me nuts, as "git status" is useless mostly.

i always do "out-of-source" builds, which skirts that issue entirely.

> Any pro-tips for getting "git status" working again?  Alternately, would someone care if I committed a .gitignore that took out build artifacts?

i would be fine with .gitignore ignoring build artifiacts.  i guess the only
danger is intentially creating a file that matches one of your rules, but that
seems unlikely to me.

cheers,
-zach