Re: [Condor-devel] Proposed changes to tarball and native package names

Scot Kronenfeld <kronenfe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am planning to rename the tarballs and native packages that we
> distribute.  Here is the proposed name format:
>
> condor-<X.Y.Z>-1.b<NMI Build ID>.<extension>

You're just proposing adding the "b24243", correct?

Will putting the build number after the package revision confuse
the packaging systems?

>  condor-7.7.5-b24243.tar.gz  (we will remove the 1. for tarballs.

Where does the Arch/OS/strippedness go? After the version number?
condor-7.7.5-b24243-x86_64_macos_10.5-updated-unstripped.tar.gz

>  condor-7.7.5-b24243.tar.gz  (we will remove the 1. for tarballs.
> It's a native package revision number that isn't useful for tarballs)

If we're going to be changing the scheme, I'm tempted to include
the -1 in the tarballs, for consistency.  :-)

The download system will be to be updated to learn about the new
format.  Not a big deal, just something we need to remember to
do.

--
Alan De Smet                 Center for High Throughput Computing
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                       http://chtc.cs.wisc.edu