Re: [Condor-devel] how to merge manual

On 08/02/2011 08:45 AM, Timothy St. Clair wrote:

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 18:00 -0500, Dan Bradley wrote:
Even though the binaries for 7.7.0
have already been released, updates to the docs keep getting
re-released.

Why?

*** > Maybe it's me, but I've always been dumbfounded why we treat the docs
*** > differently.  IMHO this move to was to treat the docs more like a 1st
*** > class citizen.

*** > e.g. - when we release, we release *everything*, and keep moving onto
*** > the next milestone.

Cheers,
Tim

I'm with you on the sentences with stars. . .but, this means that
the group is choosing the option in my earlier e-mail:
     delay any/all releases until the documentation is DONE (meaning
     that I approve it as completed)

I'll add a futher point here that the bare minimum of having a
version history entry for a change/feature/bug fix is definitively
not good enough.

Until we commit to this as our choice, I must have the ability
to modify the manual associated with a particular release
after the release.

Karen