Re: [Condor-devel] how to merge manual

> If we bypass this step, when Karen merges doc changes through the recent
> release branch, she will be merging src changes, which could result in
> her having to resolve conflicts in the src, and then those resolutions
> could end up causing trouble when merged forward from that branch to the
> master.

Would it be consistent to adopt a policy of "wranglers make the call to
backport to release branches", applied to both src and doc equally?

I know we had some discussion about that versus "merge through release
branch," but I wonder if adding doc into the mix gives additional
utility to a backport-based policy.

That aside, the logic for merging through release makes sense from a
conflict-avoidance perspective.  If doc is merging through a branch, src
needs to as well.