Re: [Condor-devel] Problems compiling Condor

Dear matt,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately as one of the main reason why I'm trying to re-compile condor is to get the classads recompiling without them is a non-starter.

I've already looked in the directory externals/build and had attached the whole log file for the attempt to build classads. The tests that are failing are:

FAIL: classad_functional_tester_s
FAIL: classad_functional_tester_ns_s

As I'm no expert in the classads code I've got little idea where to start looking to fix these errors. I'm hoping this is something that one of the developers can suggest a solution for.

Many thanks,

steve..

Matthew Farrellee wrote:
Stephen McGough wrote:
Dear All,

I've been trying to compile condor (both versions 7.0.3-stable and 7.1.1-devel) without success under Linux (Redhat Enterprise server 3 and Scientific Linux 3 (3.0.9)). In both cases I come up against the same problem.

When compiling classad-1.0rc5 the automated tests fail on two cases. I've attached the log file for compiling classads here.

Can anyone advise how to rectify this problem? Either changes to code / software / OS?

Many thanks,

steve..

I'd suggest looking into what tests are failing. You can go into externals/build/..., which is on the same level as src/ and config/.

Or you could disable ClassAds if you don't need them, --without-classads to configure

Best,

matt

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm
Technical Coordinator, London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8409                        fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024