Re: [Condor-devel] LSB-ish init script for Condor

Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > +stop() {
> > +    echo -n $"Stopping Condor daemons: "
> > +    killproc -p $pidfile $prog
> Why not use condor_off -master? I'm not sure I have an opinion, I'm
> just curious.

condor_off -master suffers the same problem as condor_reconfig:
it might not be allowed by the security settings.  I believe
condor_off is allowed by local root in all common configurations,
but killing it as root is guaranteed to work even in a strange
configuration.

--
Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/