Re: [Condor-devel] LSB-ish init script for Condor

On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
I would like to add an LSB-like (maybe not completely LSB compliant) init script to Condor 7.0 before 7.0.1 comes out. Attached is a patch against Condor 7.0 that contains the script. It is added as src/condor_examples/condor.init with a slight modification to src/ condor_examples/Imakefile so it will be installed in etc/examples/.

This isn't really a "new feature" just a new example file. So I hope it can be added to the 7.0 stable series instead of the 7.1 development series.

Thoughts?

+# Source function library
+. /etc/init.d/functions

I love the idea of having a better init script for Condor. How widely available are these functions? I know they are available on RedHat computers, but not on Debian computers.

+stop() {
+    echo -n $"Stopping Condor daemons: "
+    killproc -p $pidfile $prog
+    RETVAL=$?
+    echo
+    [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f $lockfile
+    return $RETVAL
+}

Why not use condor_off -master? I'm not sure I have an opinion, I'm just curious.

-alain