Re: [Condor-devel] Debain port showstopper

hi,

Le jeudi 5 avril 2007 23:33, Peter Keller a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 10:40:26PM +0200, guillaume pernot wrote:
> > for addition in debian's archive, and thus, massive adoption by debian
users,
> > there is still the "free-but-not-so-free" licence problem :(
>
> Yeah, we'll deal with that later....

i hope so ;)

> However, I do have one more question about the clipped port.
>
> In the port you gave back to us, the debian/ directory was in the
> toplevel.  Exactly why is that there, does it have to be there, and
> if I move it to a different place, do I have to adjust anything inside
> of the directory?  It is complicated to have things like debian/, DOC,
> and README in the toplevel directory (the latter two I moved into the
> debian/ directory).

hum, debian/ directory is mandatory for building debian package. it holds
everything needed by dpkg-buildpackage : debian/control lists dependencies
and package description, debian/rules is a Makefile fragment used to
configure/build/install/clean source tree, debian/tmp holds installed tree
etc...

i don't know any debian-method to tell dpkg-buildpackage to get its files from
any other directory. moreover, debian/rules assumes everything built will go
in debian/condor...

IMHO, the most simple and clean solution may be to move debian/ directory into
another place (together with redhat and al. packaging infos) and make a
symlink to it at build time.

regards,
--
guillaume pernot