Re: [Condor-devel] Debain port showstopper

hi,

Le mardi 3 avril 2007 20:50, vous avez écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 02:40:31PM -0600, Peter Keller wrote:
> > On second thought, if the codebase passes all the other ports we have,
> > maybe I will check it in, since a clipped port is at least better than
> > no port at all. Plus the codebase won't go out of date since we can run
> > it through our build and test environment every night.
>
> The Debian clipped port is almost checked in.

great :)

for addition in debian's archive, and thus, massive adoption by debian users,
there is still the "free-but-not-so-free" licence problem :(

> I do have one question though, how do I produce the debian .deb files
> given the codes you contributed back? I need to work the building of
> them into our environment, but I can do that after I commit the codes
> to our repository.

you either need to build it from targeted debian system, or from
a "debootstrapped" debian (see
http://www.us.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apcs04.html.en and pbuilder at
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/pbuilder-doc/pbuilder-doc.html)

then, a "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" will do it.

regards,
--
guillaume pernot
http://www.praksys.org - Midi-Pyrénées et Aquitaine