Re: [Condor-devel] Reserved swap space issue

On 2/21/06, Devaraj Das <ddas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I found out why the function (sysapi_swap_space) used to return negative
> numbers. The variable used to store the kernel-returned swap-space value is
> declared as an (signed) int. However, the value stored (4020785152) is so
> big that it has to be treated as an 'unsigned int' later.
> Yes, I discovered this in the process of freezing the freebsd port.

As a suggestion for the condor dev team - is it worth replacing any
and all uses of int/unsigned int with long wherever it is used to
refer to a size in bytes...

It strikes me that any change from signed to unsigned is only delaying
the inevitable by months given the adoption of 64bit OS's.

Matt