[Condor-devel] Questions about quill

I'm asking here because every time I indicate I have access to the
source code it generates inquiries on the other lists.

I know Quill is very new, so it's not surprising it has a few bugs.

1.) "condor_q -long" (no constraints) almost always exits with a
    segmentation fault.  Same thing if the constraint is a username.
    It only seems to work when constrained to a jobid or clusterid.

2.) "condor_q jobid1 jobid2" only displays jobid2.  On the other hand,
    "condor_q user1 user2" works as expected.

3.) Why does condor_quill track the job_queue.log the way it does?
    It would be much more reliable if it kept a file descriptor open
    so that it wouldn't lose any information in the small window when
    the file is compressed.  Logic similar to "tail --follow=name"
    would be much more robust.  The code seems overly complex because
    of how it determines if the file has been rewritten.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics