[Gems-users] TLB module for simics 3

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:07:03 -0400
From: Nathan Peroulis <nathan.peroulis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] TLB module for simics 3
Hi folks,

I intend to perform certain TLB experiments which require varying TLB size, associativity, adding some new features etc. My setup is Simics 3.0.31 with GEMS 2.1, the target machine is sarek and the TLB module I use is "cheetah+mmu". Although the Simics 3.0.31 distribution provides source code for x86 tlb but that's not of much use for me. I happened to find the cheetah+mmu source code on the GEMS mailing list for Simics 2. This was posted around 4 years ago. I had to get the source to compile with Simics 3.0.31 after alot of tweaking which it did but I am having issues running it. I am not particularly sure if it's going to work with Simics 3.0.31 or not.

I was wondering if anybody on this list has the source code for cheetah and spitfire MMUs for Simics 3.0.31. Apparently I can't use Simics 2 since Windriver does not provide support or licenses for it. If using Simics 2 was a possibility, I would have used the TLB module posted on the GEMS mailing list with Simics 2.X and everything would have worked well. Unfortunately, that can't happen. I posted this query on the Virtutech forum but did not get a response. Is there anybody who has the source code for these TLB modules ? Any Virtutech engineers on the list who can help me out ? I think it can be of use to many people who intend to investigate TLBs on Simics platform.

Thanks

Nathan