[Gems-users] CacheMemory functions

Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 18:53:46 +0530
From: Liz Joy <lizjoy86@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] CacheMemory functions
Hiii,

I would like to know from where the allocate() , cacheAvail() and cacheProbe() in CacheMemory.h are being called in case of L2cache..........I would like to get the id of the core that is issuing the address to these functions...From where i will get that in CacheMemory.h...wat statement I need to add when these functions are being called and where... As u said,
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2010-January/msg00029.shtml
I used L2cacheMemory.monitorId(in_msg.RequestorMachId) whereever i saw peek(L1RequestIntraChipL2Network_in,Requestmsg) in ACTIONS of MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm file.......bt I need it while the above functions are called...I didnt find calling of these functions in ACTIONS  except L2cacheMemory.allocate(address).....But there also, I am not allowed to use the above said statement......I just tried L2cacheMemory.monitorId(MachineID) ....but Is that machineID the core id????. wat I should I do for that.....??

What the actions in MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm file do??

Where the control goes from the cacheProbe????

What the PerfectCacheMemory file  do??

What are the different instantiations of template <class ENTRY>....the value used for ENTRY parameter for instantiation of L2 cache??
Thanks in advance
Liz