Re: [Gems-users] CacheMemory functions

Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:33:36 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] CacheMemory functions
Liz,
1. Tracking down the control flow for allocate(), etc., will be a little tricky, since it will snake through a lot of SLICC-generated C++ code in your $RUBY/generated directory. I recommend you either attach a debugger (e.g., when using the Ruby tester) and step through function calls, or just "grep -Rl pattern *" to find the files with matching call sights.
2. Look in $RUBY/system/MachineID.h.
3. There are 50+ actions in MSI_MOSI_CMP_directory-L2cache. What do they do? They describe the actions of the L2 controller. If you want to ask about one in particular, perhaps we can answer.
4. To find cacheProbe, use grep as before.
5. There is a $RUBY/system/PerfectCacheMemory.h you might find useful. If not, use grep.
6. Typical instantiations of <class ENTRY> in Ruby are anything with "Entry" in the class name in your $RUBY/generated/[protocol] directory. E.g, L2Cache_Entry.h

Regards,
Dan