Re: [Gems-users] MOSI_SMP_bcast Protocol Question

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:30:30 +0800
From: Jerry Lin <cosjerry@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] MOSI_SMP_bcast Protocol Question
Thank you for your reply, but I'm still a little confused.
In generated/MOSI_SMP_bcast/L1Cache_isCacheTagPresent.C, it checks not only  L1DcacheMemory and L1IcacheMemory,
but also L1Cache_L2cacheMemory.
And L1Cache_getState.C uses this function to get the coherence state.
Does it mean that every time I search the cache for checking coherence state, it would search not only L1 cache but also L2 cache?
Best regards!
2009/11/13 Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Since MOSI_SMP_bcast has private L1 and L2, I think this just refers
to the L1/L2 cache structure.