Re: [Gems-users] how to construct a CMP system with 32 or 64 cores

Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 23:20:38 -0300
From: "Bruno Coutinho" <coutinho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] how to construct a CMP system with 32 or 64 cores
You can create a serengeti machine up to 64 cores using a cluster configuration and fake several serengeti machines into one.

Caution: the system will have holes in numbering CPU numbering:
0-24
25-56
57-72

This is due that in serengeti architecture 8 of the 32 machines slots must be populated by I/O cards.

Here are links showing how to do this (from simics forum):
https://www.simics.net/mwf/topic_show.pl?tid=9375