Re: [Gems-users] Checkpoints creation problem

Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:43:46 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Checkpoints creation problem
wxq wrote:
Dan,

I have two questions about your response to Abdullah.
You said:"Once disks are made (os installed, etc), its fine to crank up the cpu speed and increase the number of processors, provided you pass -r to the kernel at boot-time."

(1) Do you mean that I can make OS installed with single CPU on a target machine and change the CPU number later for workload setup?
Yes.
(2) How can I pass -r to the kernel at boot-time?
You have to do some magic to the boot prompt. The naked checkpoints do the same magic, I believe... otherwise, just have a look at the Simics reference manual on how to issue commands via the boot prom

Regards,
Dan

Best Regards
Ritchie wang