Re: [Gems-users] Checkpoints creation problem

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:23:40 +0800
From: "wxq" <wxq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Checkpoints creation problem
Dan,

I have two questions about your response to Abdullah.

You said:"Once disks are made (os installed, etc), its fine to crank up the cpu speed and increase the number of processors, provided you pass -r to the kernel at boot-time."

(1) Do you mean that I can make OS installed with single CPU on a target machine and change the CPU number later for workload setup?
(2) How can I pass -r to the kernel at boot-time?

Best Regards
Ritchie wang
2008-03-24