[Gems-users] Loading Ruby: undefined symbol: dtlb_demap_callback

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:23:09 -0700
From: "Eric Chang" <erichang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Loading Ruby: undefined symbol: dtlb_demap_callback
Hi

I've been having an issue loading the ruby module from simics following the Quickstart procedure. I get the following error:

Error loading module 'ruby': Failed to load module 'ruby' ('$GEMS/gems-2.1/simics_3_workspace/x86-linux/lib/ruby.so'): "undefined symbol: dtlb_demap_callback"
I found an archive of this mailing list where someone mentioned seeing what happens when going into the $GEMS/simics_3_workspace/x86-linux/obj/modules/ruby folder and typing 'make ruby'. I got a similar error as the other person who had this problem which is a long list of errors mostly being undefined reference. I do get this at the top though:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: i386 architecture of input file `ruby.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output

So I tried switching the flags in the ruby makefile to -m64 but still got the same error. Has anyone else run into a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-Eric