[Gems-users] control-c not halting simulation in Simics 3

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:21:27 -0500
From: Philip Garcia <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] control-c not halting simulation in Simics 3
I have recently migrated over to using simics 3, and have noticed that when using opal, the simulation no longer pauses when I hit control- c. Is this happening to anyone else using simics 3? It is quite annoying, as I need to occasionally stop simulations to examine the state when something goes wrong. However as it stands, I have to wait for opal to finish executing (once it finishes the set number of instructions it pauses as before). Does anyone know why this behavior changed, or where the hooks into simics to pause the simulation take place? No other modules seem to cause this behavior. It's also quite annoying as the only way to currently cancel a simulation is to use kill -9.

Phil