Re: [Gems-users] L2 cache miss actions

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 17:07:38 +0300
From: Konstantinos Nikas <knikas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] L2 cache miss actions
Hi Mike,

thanks for the suggestion. I managed to record the information I wanted but now I am stuck at another point :-) .

What I want to do is make Ruby call a specific method (which is going to look into the L2 cache and do some tricks) every 1 million cycles. However I am not sure how I am supposed to do that, since (if I have understood it correctly) Ruby does not simulate every single cycle, but instead wakes up whenever there is an event from the processor.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Kostis
Just add a field to the Entry structure (defined in L2cache.sm) and
then update the field with L2cacheMemory[addr].thread_ID :=
in_msg.Requestor or similar

--Mike

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Konstantinos Nikas