Re: [Gems-users] question about link utilization

Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:01:37 -0500
From: Niket Agarwal <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] question about link utilization
Two switches connected to each other will have two different "physical" links in opposite directions.

But why should the link utilizations be the same ? The traffic that is going in either direction has to be exactly the same for this.

- Niket

Zhang Yu wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering how the intra-chip switches connect to each other. As I understand that, when the 2 intra-chip switches are connect, they share wo links (different direction). In this case, the certain connected links for these two switches should have the same link utilization. However, when I check with the statistics, I could not find different links with same utilization. Do I misunderstand the connection between the switches? Can somebody explain this?

Thanks,
Yu