Re: [Gems-users] does gems1.4 have a sparc_to_x86 patch

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:02:40 -0400
From: "soohong p kim" <spkim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] does gems1.4 have a sparc_to_x86 patch
I've created an x86-ruby-patch for gems1.4, which has been integrated and
released as part of GEMS2.0.
You might want to try with GEMS 2.0.  If you need to stick to gems 1.4, let
me know and I can share my patch.

I haven't tried GEMS2.0 for x86 targets yet.  My understanding is that With
GEMS2.0, patch files are no longer necessary as Luke Yen consolidated into a
single set of source codes with "#ifdef SPARC..." (below).  You will need to
remove "-DSPARC" compiler flag in Makefile(s) in the gems2.0 release.

	#ifdef SPARC
	  #define MEMORY_TRANSACTION_TYPE v9_memory_transaction_t
	#else
	  #define MEMORY_TRANSACTION_TYPE x86_memory_transaction_t
	#endif

Soohong