Re: [Gems-users] Breakpoint at set number of memory references

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:52:32 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Breakpoint at set number of memory references
Put code like this into Ruby, probably into the profiler, or wherever your stat of interest is located in the general case (spelling may not be correct)

if( m_nDataRequests > THRESHOLD ) {
 char strbuff[128];
 snprintf( strbuff, 127, "%i memory references observed", THRESHOLD );
 SIMICS_break_simulation( strbuff );
}

Have a look at ruby/simics/interface.h to see if I spelled SIMICS_break_simulation correctly.

Regards,
Dan

Eirik Bakke wrote:
Hi, there.

Is there a way to have simecs suspend simulation after a set number of
memory references has been made? I am using ruby, so what I want is
essentially a breakpoint that triggers when ruby's "Data requests" stat
exceeds 500 million. (I am currently using the cpu0.cycle-break command to
approximate this behavior, but I don't really know how many cycles there are
per memory reference.)

Any help appreciated -- Eirik Bakke