Re: [Gems-users] Sequencer

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:45:37 -0400
From: niketa <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Sequencer
Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the code and here is what I figured out. There is a global pointer (for the Global Event queue) - g_eventQueue_ptr. Whenever a Consumer wants to schedule an event, it pushes it's own pointer along with the time, when to wake up.

When a Consumer is woken up, its wakeup() is called.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Niket.

You can find the global event queue in $GEMS/ruby/system/EventQueue.[Ch]

Greg Byrd wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's a global event queue. The event itself carries information about its consumer object. When that event reaches the head of the event queue, it calls the wakeup method of the object named in the event.

...Greg

Niket Agarwal wrote:
Hi all,
I have a question.

Gems being an event-driven simulation setup, is there a global event queue or are there eventqueues for all separate nodes ?

I want to as to when and where are wakeup's of Consumers called ?

For instance, if an additional Switch is instantiated, how does GEMS know as to when to wake it up ?

Thanks for the help.

Niket.