[Gems-users] Writing-Register in Ruby

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Writing-Register in Ruby
In the Ruby-SIMICS interface file. interface.C  there
are instructions for reading-writing registers in the
simulated machine. I have not been able to figure out
Where you use these functions or for what ?
Doesn't SIMICS allow  you to set register values only
speculatively, and since Ruby is only a timing
interface  how are you able to set register values ?

Basically I had reply from Kevin earlier that Ruby did
maintain data in caches only for Random tester and not
for the conventional interface. Is it possible for me
to maintain data in caches and also specify return
values to Lds.

Is it possible to detect context-switch points in an
OS with Ruby ?

Thanks

Arrvindh Shriraman
Conputer Science Department