Re: [DynInst_API:] FATAL 68 Dyninst

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:42:04 +0200
From: Alberto Olmo <aolmo.uab@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] FATAL 68 Dyninst
Hi Xiaozhu,

I have double checked and both libraries that you pointed out were of the same version. I have tried to run the program with one or the other and none of them are found by Dyninst (the same error persists). Also, maybe it's very obvious but, I have noticed if I delete DYNINST_API_RT_LIB and/or DYNINSTAPI_RT_LIB environment variables, the error does not change either.

Finally, I have also installed Dyninst 9.3.0 in a Lubuntu v17.10 32 bit VM and my application seems to work (I haven't been able to make v9.3.2 work with the Counter Mutator example in Lubuntu) however, I would like to make it work on the CentOS 7.

All of that makes me think that maybe the problem stems from the dependencies or something that I am not doing well, but I am definitely not sure as I could install Dyninst in both machines without any errors.

What would you recommend me that I try next?

Thanks again for your help,

Alberto Olmo.

Hi Alberto,

From your log for the successful run, it seems like you have multiple instances of Dyninst installed: one inÂ/home/aolmo/soft/dyninst-9.3.2/install/lib/ and the other one in /usr/local/lib/. Do you know whether these two instances of Dyninst are the same version? I would recommend that you ensure that you compile your application and run your application with the exact same installation of Dyninst.

I am not sure whether this is the cause, but it is indeed strange that one application can find DyninstRT, but the other one cannot find it.

Thanks,

--Xiaozhu