[DynInst_API:] FATAL 68 Dyninst

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:49:50 +0200
From: Alberto Olmo <aolmo.uab@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] FATAL 68 Dyninst
To whom it may concern,

My name is Alberto, a student at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, and I am currently trying to install the Dyninst API in order to use it in another application. I have been able to install version 9.3.2 and its dependencies and test it with a small program which counts the number of times a function is called. It works correctly.

However, now I am trying to use it in another application which (I think) needs to call BPatch::processCreate and I get the following errors:

Failed to set environment var to preload RT library
--FATAL-- #68: Dyninst was unable to create the specified process
--FATAL-- #68: create process failed bootstrap
DynInst Exception: Process creation failed, Object name: my_app

I do have exported variables DYNINSTAPI_RT_LIB and DYNINST_API_RT_LIB to point toÂlibdyninstAPI_RT.soÂ(I think depending on the Dyninst version one or the other is needed) as well as set the flag DYNINST_DEBUG_STARTUP=1 to get more information about the problem.Â

I have also tried with older versions but the error I get is exactly the same,

What would you recommend me that I try?

I would really appreciate any help you could provide me,
Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the inconveniences,

Alberto Olmo.