Re: [DynInst_API:] AARCH support?

Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 09:13:44 -0500
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] AARCH support?

Hi Marc.

While the full port of Dyninst to ARM 64 (V8) is still underway, many of the Dyninst components work now on ARM. These include the InstructionAPI, ParseAPI, ProcControlAPI, DataflowAPI and SymtabAPI (for reading/look-up functions ... rewriting functions are still to be done).

Give us a few more months to get it wrapped up. In a development branch, we have code relocation working pretty well and the first of the Dyninst instrumentation tests are passing.

If anyone wants to contribute to the effort, please contact me.

BTW, our partner group at the Univ. of Maryland is busily working on an ARM 32 port (the 32 and 64 bit instructions sets are quite different).

best,ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ --bart