[DynInst_API:] commit: assorted fixes, pre-9.0.4

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:43:45 -0500
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] commit: assorted fixes, pre-9.0.4
Got a whole stack of these that have been pending:

* Fixed bug in per-CU line information parsing that prevented line info from being parsed in certain cases. * Shared libraries are now consistent with executables: .o files are modules/mapped_modules, and they are contained in objects/mapped_objects.
* Fixed CMake exports to match what the test suite expects.
* Re-enable building 32-bit runtime library, but default to "no".
* Documentation fixes and new code sample (disassembler) (patches from Alin Mindroc)
* Fixed intermodule variable references.
* Fixed performance problem in line information parsing where we'd repeatedly parse a single CU's information and replicate that data each time.
* Additional boost versions added to packages.cmake (through 1.59).
* Fixed Windows performance problem: relocation/instrumentation could trigger unnecessary parsing
* Fixed unsafe string operations
* Fixed LD_PRELOAD logic (patch from Victor van der Veen)
* Fixed isDynamic crash (patches from Victor van der Veen and Marc Bruenink)

Known issues:

* Build failure on certain Cray platforms (and possibly others?) with numeric limits macros somehow not being properly defined. My current thought is to C++-ify everything and redefine the macros in Types.h to the appropriate std::numeric_limits call, which should(?) be more universally portable these days (and requires less preprocessor voodoo). Thoughts from the list? * Cross-compilation on Intel MIC systems may require extra boost definitions in order to build with the back-end (k10m) compiler.

If you're using BPatch_module, BPatch_object, Symtab::Module, or Symtab::Object on shared libraries, *please* test this out and let me know what interfaces on the object classes should be there and aren't (and whether this change is a horrible backwards compatibility breaker).

Enjoy; I hope to be able to make 9.0.4 official soon.

--bw