Re: [DynInst_API:] libcommon.so -> undefined reference to `cplus_demangle'

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:38:24 -0700
From: Josh Stone <jistone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] libcommon.so -> undefined reference to `cplus_demangle'
On 03/11/2014 12:13 PM, Bill Williams wrote:
> So you'd want /usr/lib64/libiberty.a if you need to specify (e.g. to
> convince Dyninst to trust you, libiberty is PIC).

So, are you OK with my patch to automatically search libiberty.a after
libiberty_pic.a?  RHEL/Fedora have always had PIC libiberty.a, and now
Debian's future 'jessie' release has dropped libiberty_pic.a for a PIC
libiberty.a in a new libiberty-dev package.  Ubuntu appears to have
inherited that change for the upcoming 'trusty' release.

If I could find a way to let cmake test its PIC-ness, I would, but it
appears that FIND_LIBRARY() just looks for a filename's existence, not
whether it's usable.