[classad-users] collections, TruncateLog, and InitializeFromLog

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:58:35 -0500 (CDT)
From: John Bethencourt <bethenco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [classad-users] collections, TruncateLog, and InitializeFromLog
When I call TruncateLog on my ClassAdCollection, it has the desired effect of
condensing all the changes stored in the log file so that each ClassAd has
only one entry. However, when InitializeFromLog is called the next time my
program runs, it fails with this CondorErrMsg:

FATAL ERROR: failed when recovering from log file /scratch.local/bethenco/v65/src/condor_cluster_tool/transactions.log; could not initialize from file /scratch.local/bethenco/v65/src/condor_cluster_tool/transactions.log

When I do not use TruncateLog, InitializeFromLog works fine. I have noticed
that TruncateLog adds a line like this one to the log file:

[ Requirements = true; SubordinateViews = {  }; PartitionExprs = {  }; NumMembers = 0; Rank = undefined; PartitionedViews = {  }; ParentViewName = ""; ViewName = "root"; OpType = 10001 ]

If manually remove this line, InitializeFromLog works again.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,
John B
Condor Classads Info: