Service restored to HTC large data file share

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:48:53 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Service restored to HTC large data file share

Greetings CHTC users,Â

The large data file share that supports /staging, /projects and HTC /software directories is back online.Â

Jobs that require /staging, /projects or the HTC software modules should now be able to start and run successfully. However at this time there are fewer servers able to run jobs that require CHTC Staging and CHTC Software which may result in longer idle times for these jobs. We are continuing to work to restore full capacity support for /staging, /projects, and /software.

While the file share was down, running jobs that required access to /staging, /projects or HTC /software directories (including HTC software modules) will likely have failed. If this applies to your jobs, we recommend reviewing jobs that completed on Tuesday or Wednesday for errors and resubmitting those that failed.Â

To move data to and from /staging or /projects, please continue to use the CHTCâs transfer server (not a submit server) as described here: https://chtc.cs.wisc.edu/file-avail-largedataÂ

If you experience any further issues with /staging, please contact us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Have a good weekend!

Best,Â