Jobs going on hold on submit-1; please refrain from submitting new jobs

Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 13:26:06 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Jobs going on hold on submit-1; please refrain from submitting new jobs
For users of the HTC System via the submit-1 submit server:

We are aware that jobs starting to run after 11:06am have been wrongfully put on hold with the hold reason:
"No condor_shadow installed that supports vanilla jobs on V6.3.3 or newer resources"

We believe this issue is related to an HTCondor configuration change unique to submit-1 (not affecting other submit servers), and we're working quickly on a fix.

In the meantime, users of submit-1 should leave held jobs in the queue and refrain from submitting more jobs. Once we have fixed the issue, we will release all jobs held for this reason, so that users should not have to take any action to have their jobs run. We'll announce (via email) when that fix has been made, such that users can again submit jobs on submit-1.

Thank you,
Your CHTC Team (care of Lauren Michael)

Lauren Michael -ÂResearch Computing Facilitator,ÂCenter for High Throughput ComputingUniversity of Wisconsin - Madison
lmichael@xxxxxxxxtinyurl.com/LMichaelCalendarDiscovery 2262, (608)316-4430