[Chtc-users] Hold off new HTC submissions that depend on SQUID

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 13:32:43 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] Hold off new HTC submissions that depend on SQUID
Greetings CHTC users,Â

This message is for users with jobs that use the SQUID web proxy on the CHTC high throughput (HTC) system.Â

We are currently investigating many reports of jobs going on hold or failing due to failed file downloads from CHTC's SQUID proxy. Hold reasons look like:Â

Error from slot1_16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: STARTER at 128.105.245.140 failed to receive file /var/lib/condor/execute/slot1/dir_2781772/r2015b.tar.gz: FILETRANSFER:1:non-zero exit(1792) from /usr/libexec/condor/curl_plugin

At this time, we ask that users do not submit any more job batches that rely on SQUID while we work on fixing the issue.

We will send an update when SQUID is again working consistently across the HTC system. Â

If you have any questions, please email us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx. Â

Cheers,
Your CHTC team