Re: [Chtc-users] Upcoming workshop opportunities

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 15:55:48 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chtc-users] Upcoming workshop opportunities
Our apologies, the correct links should be:Â
Cheers,
Christina

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Christina Koch <ckoch5@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings CHTC users,Â

Are you new to using the command line? Do you wonder what a shell script is? Do you want to learn more about writing clear, effective code? Do you create multiple copies of your scripts whenever you make a significant change?

If so, we have a workshop for you! We are offering aÂSoftware Carpentry workshopÂin January that covers the above topics. This is not an official "CHTC" workshop, but it is organized and run by your research computing facilitators, Christina and Lauren, and teaches many skills that will help you effectively use the resources available at CHTC. Â

For those of you who have data that is organized in tables or spreadsheets, there is a different workshop in the same week,ÂData Carpentry, that covers basics of cleaning, extracting and analyzing data in this format. Â

Registration opens today at 5:00. You can access the Eventbrite registration pages through the workshop info pages:Â
If you can't make it this January, we offer these workshops 2-3 times a year. Sign up for the Advanced Computing Initiative (ACI) mailing list to receive announcements:Âhttps://aci.wisc.edu/. Â
To learn even more - the ACI website has a listing of other ways to learn and improve your computing skills on campus:Âhttps://aci.wisc.edu/events/?c=13|16

We hope to see you in the January workshops. ÂHave a great week!Â

Your CHTC team