[Chtc-users] Adding more servers to the HPC Gluster filesystem

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:40:58 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] Adding more servers to the HPC Gluster filesystem
Hi,

(Note: this message only pertains to users of CHTC's HPC Cluster, and not to users of HTCondor submit nodes.)

Since there were some issues adding more servers to the HPC Gluster filesystem earlier last month, weâd like to give you a heads up before we do it again. On Friday, December 19th weâll be adding 6 more servers to the Gluster filesystem, which will not require any downtime of the cluster.
There is a chance that queueing commands and accessibility of files will be affected for up to several days, so we urge you to backup all important files off-site.

To make this addition faster and reduce potential issues, PLEASE REMOVE AS MUCH DATA AS POSSIBLE from your /home and /scratch directories before Friday, December 19th.
Please remember that our disk space should be used only as temporary space for active computing work, such that you should remove data promptly after no longer needing it on the cluster for future work. We do not back up our filesystems.

If you have any questions or concerns please let us know!

Neil Van Lysel
Systems Administrator
Center for High Throughput Computing