[Chtc-users] ACI-supported Software Carpentry workshop

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 18:16:03 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] ACI-supported Software Carpentry workshop
We are writing to let you know that the UW-Madison Advanced Computing Infrastructure is again hosting a:

on best practices for scientific/research programming.

What:Â 4 half-days workshop on best practices for research programming
When: ÂJanuary 13-16, 8:30am-1pm each day
Where: ÂDiscovery Building, 3rd Floor Teaching Lab
Who: ÂThe course is aimed at UW-Madison researchers who have basic familiarity with programming concepts (like loops, conditionals, arrays, and functions), but need help translating this knowledge into practical tools to help them work more productively and reproducibly.
Requirements: ÂParticipants must be affiliated with the University of Wisconsin-Madison and should plan to be present for ALL days/sessions of the workshop. A laptop with a few specific packages installed will be needed for the days of the workshop (See "Setup"). It is strongly recommended that participants already be familiar with basic programming concepts, and we'll use basic Python programming as our example for teaching best practices.

Registration opened today at 5pm! (follow the link above for registration and schedule info)

Best Wishes,
Your CHTC TeamÂ